Sunday 8 November 2015

A Reykjavik layover - 3 stories

La Laguna Azul ( Blue Lagoon ) en Islandia
The Blue Lagoon is the ultimate layover experience
creativecommons image azuaje on Flickr
Reykjavik, Iceland: the best place in the wold to have a layover  - Coffee & Insulin
Sarah had a 10 hour layover in Reykjavik, and spent most of it in the Blue Lagoon, and you'll want to too, when you read her account...
I headed down to Iceland Air’s arrival hall to see what I could do, and despite my time limit, found many options. There were several kiosks providing trips to the Blue Lagoon, a geothermal spa about 20 minutes away by bus, and frequent shuttles to the center of Reykjavik. Although a bit pricey (around 65 euros for the roundtrip bus ride + entrance fee) after seeing a few pictures of the cloudy blue water surrounded by moony landscapes, I decided the Blue Lagoon was worth the splurge... [read Sarah's story]

I may have fallen in love during my layover - Miss Adventure
Susanna found herself in Iceland, by accident, as a result of a good airfare, and made the most of her visit.
I booked an airplane flight on a budget airline called Iceland air. Which meant I had a nine hour layover in Iceland. When I first got off my plane I was tired and a bit nervous... Eventually though, I decided to just march right past my fears and take the opportunity to see a bit of Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland. I’m so glad I did... [read Susanna's story]

Twelve hours in Reykjavik: the layover of a lifetime - Amanda Ruggeri
Amanda gives you a play-by-play of activities throughout her 12 hour day in Iceland's capital.
While booking flights from New York to Stockholm, it came down to two choices. An expensive, non-stop flight or a cheaper seat on Icelandair with an 18-hour layover in Reykjavik. I didn’t hesitate for a moment. Icelandair, the savvy, Reykjavik-based airline... [read Amanda's story]

Related resources
Reykjavik Ideas and Things to Do in Rejkjavik
Blue Lagoon Spa Transfer
Reykjavik Keflavik International Airport (KEF) transportation guide
Reykjavik Airport (RKV) transportation guide
Icelandair Stopover - how it works
Reykjavik layover luggage storage options

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.