|Mamava lactation pod at Jacksonville Airport (JAX)|
Happy Mother's Day to all mothers, and good news for lactating travelling moms who may not have heard the news: Mamava just may be in the next airport you visit, ready to give you a little slice of privacy.
Mamava believes that all mamas deserve a safe, clean, and comfortable place to use a breast pump or breastfeed—anywhere, anytime.
The Mamava modular suite, or pod, offers nursing mothers a clean and beautifully designed space to pump/nurse when they are away from home or at work. And that includes airports.
|Mamava founders Christine |
Dodson and Sascha Mayer
What better describes the need this niche product fills?
Read the story behind the creation of Mamava: the initial idea, the philosophy that drove the concept forward, the design of the pods, and it's current iteration. With a goal of 100 pods by Mother's Day, Mamava is well on its way to becoming a widespread convenience.
In keeping with its purpose, Mamava has installed its innovative lactation pods in 13 North American airports so far, including:
- Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL)
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Boise Airport (BOI)
- Burlington International Airport (BTV)
- Milwaukee General Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
- New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- New York LaGuardia International Airport (LGA)
- New York Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Oakland International Airport (OAK)
- Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
- San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
- Spokane International Airport (GEG)
In the meantime, you can visit the website to see non-airport Mamava pod locations, such as schools, malls, hospitals, stadiums and so on.
You can even nominate where you want to see a Mamava pod (hashtag #IWANTMYMAMAVA). Let's grow that list of airport Mamava locations!
Follow @Mamava on Twitter
More airport pods for nursing moms - Stuck at the Airport
We need your help: 100 Mamavas by Mother's Day! - Mamava blog
Mamava goes to Washington to talk Breastfeeding - Mamava blog
Travelling mamas rejoice! - Mamava blog
For pumping and nursing mothers, a room of their own - Fast Company
About airport USO lounges
PaxEx: what airports can learn from Frankfurt
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.