Monday 13 February 2017

They fell in love on a layover

13-08-06-abu-dhabi-airport-01
What if you fell in love here on a layover?
Have you ever wondered what could happen to you on a layover? What could really happen? What if you fell in love? If you think it couldn't happen, read on. It happened to them:

A layover at Qatar airport brought this Swedish-Kenyan couple together - now they're heading for marriage - Mwita and Emma
It is a state of intimacy that we relish living, but due to its abstract nature we rarely pay attention to it. We may not understand love, but we know very well that it “conquers all.” For the 32-year-old Kenyan Justus Mwita, he never expected to be caught by his then Swedish girlfriend’s unblinking eyes, which left him both taken aback and pleased while he was waiting for his next flight to Nairobi at Doha’s international airport (Qatar)... [read their story]

IT HAPPENED TO ME: I Fell In Love With A Guy I Met At The Airport and Starting Dating Long-Distance - anonymous
That first plane ride was 12 hours, until Abu Dhabi, where I was stuck for 14 hours and he was stuck for three. I was a bright-eyed twenty-year-old, fresh out of my sophomore year of college. I was off to spend three months in Kenya -- not my first abroad trip, but certainly my first (and longest) solo trip. I was overwhelmed, excited, apprehensive, sad, anxious, and nervous. In the airport, all of these feelings culminated in certain scatter-brained behavior, like continually losing my passport. While I was waiting to board my plane, I dropped my passport... [read her story].
xoJane - Read more stories on the xoJane blog

Related resources
MeetAtTheAirport.com - yes, it's what it sounds like
Taxi to Petra: a love story
Looking for love on a layover
Romantic layover ideas
Private Tour to Tunnel of Love from Kiev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.