Tuesday 15 March 2016

A Mexico City layover - 3 stories

Layover at the Mexico City airport I kind of loved AeroMexico.
So cows do fly... at Mexico City Airport
creative commons image shifted on Flickr
Mexico City – All the Fun You Can Have in 10 Hours - Jack and Jill Travel
Heading to the main city square is a great starting point if you don't know much about your surprise stopover/layover city.
Long layover sucks. On the way to New York from South America, we had a 10 hour layover in Mexico City. We decided to get out of the airport to enjoy a little bit of the city since it definitely beats moping around at the airport. In Latin America, a lot of fun things can be found around the main plaza. So naturally, we took a taxi to Zocalo – the main plaza in Mexico City... [read their story].
5 Things I Learned From My 18 Hour Layover in Mexico City - Points Summary
To get the feel of a city, start your layover by travelling like a local, on pubic transit!
This past week, I was in Mexico City for 18 hours as part of my Mexico City and Santiago mileage run vacation. When I arrived at Mexico City Airport, I said screw the 280 MXN (~$21 USD) taxi and took the subway from the airport instead. The subway from Mexico City Airport to the city-center only cost 3 pesos ~ $0.23 USD with unlimited transfers... [read the story]
Long Layover in Mexico City - Money Left for Travel
It's a great way to see more of the world: taking a cheaper airfare with long stopovers in cities you might not otherwise visit...
In order to save quite a bit of money on airfare, we took a very long layover in Mexico City. We decided to go out and see another city for essentially no travel expenses. I did quite a bit of reading about Mexico City which started to make me question my decision of going out and exploring the city. I kept reading about kidnappings and violence. Luckily there were some travel blogs that made me feel comfortable with our initial decision to venture out. In the end... [read the story].
Quotable quotes
"I recommend sleeping in jail before sleeping in Mexico City's airport" - Sleeping in Airports

Related resources
Mexico City: An Insider's Guide - Wendy Perrin
Seven reasons to visit Mexico City - Everyday Tourist
Mexico City Layover Ideas and Things to Do in Mexico City
Mexico City Benito Juárez International Airport transportation guide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.